Raspberry & Cream Surprise: A Recipe For A Remarkable Treat
Life is full of tasks that aren't always fun, whether it's clearing out the basement, doing your tax return, cleaning out the gutters or washing the car. Sometimes after that kind of work, you absolutely need to kick back and reward yourself. Or perhaps you know another hard worker in need of a sweet treat? Either way, surprise them (or indulge yourself!) with this extraordinary dessert!
You'll need (for 2 portions):
- 8.5 fl oz milk
- a square beverage carton, capacity 8.5 fl oz
- 10.6 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 7 oz white chocolate, chopped
- 4 sheets of softened gelatin
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 7 oz fresh raspberries
- Empty the beverage carton and wash it out thoroughly. Cut the upper third of the carton away. Try to keep the edges as straight as possible. The result should look like a small box. Now line the inside with two strips of baking parchment that have been cut to fit and which cross over on the bottom of the box.
- Melt the dark chocolate over a water bath. Then, using a pastry brush, completely paint the inside of the box with the chocolate.
- Put the milk in a pan and melt in the white chocolate while stirring. Add the gelatin; as soon as it's dissolved transfer the milk mixture to a bowl. Once it reaches room temperature, fold in the cream. Then refrigerate the mousse. After that, carefully fold in the raspberries.
- Spoon the mousse into the beverage carton until it reaches the top, then turn it out onto a plate. Carefully let the chocolate cube slip from the carton and remove the baking parchment.
How lucky it is that this recipe makes enough for two. If you made this just for yourself, there's plenty for you to enjoy and if you made it for someone else, chances are it's so good they'll want to share. Either way, you win! If you feel like standing this recipe on its head, you could always make the chocolate cube out of white chocolate and create a darker chocolate mousse filling to go with it. Whatever way you choose, it'll still be a wonderful surprise!