Raisin Bread Rolls
Here's why raisin bread rolls are the best: you can have them for breakfast, lunch, or as a snack, they're delicious but not too indulgent, and they're pretty easy to make from scratch! Sometimes it's the simple things in life that mean the most, and these raisin bread rolls are an ultra comforting, delightfully fluffy classic that you should definitely be able to whip up no matter your level of baking experience!
You'll Need (for 12 rolls):
- 1 stick butter
- 4 tbsp milk
- 3⅓ cups flour
- 1½ tsp dry yeast
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ⅔ cup raisins + 1 cup water
- 1 egg + 1 tbsp milk for the egg wash
1. Soak the raisins in water for 1 hour. Pour off the water and set the raisins aside.
2. Heat the butter and milk in a saucepan until the butter is melted, then let the mixture cool down briefly.
3. Add the flour, cream cheese, sugar, dry yeast, vanilla extract, salt, and egg to a bowl before stirring in the butter and milk mixture. Knead everything until a smooth dough forms, cover the bowl, and let the dough rise for 1 hour.
4.Preheat the oven to 350°F, flour your work surface, and work the soaked raisins into the dough.
5. Form 12 balls from the dough and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving gaps between each of the balls. Brush the egg wash over the dough balls, transfer the baking sheet to the oven, and bake for 20 minutes.
Raisins might be a little bit divisive − some people love them, others hate them but if ever there was a perfect vessel to allow raisins to shine, it's got to be these raisin bread rolls. Thanks to this recipe, you're going to be making masterful raisin bread rolls in no time at all with minimum effort and maximum results!
Get the recipes for the 3 Croissants featured in the bonus video.