This no-bake cake is better than a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow
Nothing brings people together like cake, but this rainbow treat is even more special because it combines so many of your favorite desserts into one: part cookie, part cake, part mousse, part cheesecake — it's everything you could possibly want all at the same time! But the real cherry on top, so to say, is the mesmerising rainbow glaze poured over the top of this no-bake cake, which easily draws all aspects of this delicious dessert together.
For the cookie cake base:
- 10½ oz oat cookies
- 1½ oz cocoa powder
- 7 oz melted butter
For the cheesecake frosting:
- 28 oz cream cheese
- 3 ½ oz icing sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1 tbsp vanilla flavoring
- 13½ fl oz whipped cream
For the rainbow glaze:
- 6¾ fl oz condensed milk
- 5 fl oz
- 6 oz sugar
- 4 sheets of gelatin
- 12⅓ oz white chocolate, finely chopped
- red, yellow, green, and blue food coloring
1. To create the cookie cake base, crumble some oat cookies (graham crackers also work well) in a springform pan and mix well with the cocoa powder. Stir in the melted butter, mix everything well, and smooth out with a spoon. Refrigerate for two hours.
2. For the cheesecake frosting, mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla flavoring with a whisk. Then add the whipped cream and mix everything until a fluffy cream forms.
3. Spread the cheesecake frosting on top of the cake and smooth out. Refrigerate for two more hours.
4. While the cake is cooling, you can go ahead and prepare the glaze. Heat the condensed milk, water, and sugar, stirring constantly. Once the liquid is hot (but not boiling!), add the gelatin sheets and chocolate, and purée everything with a hand blender.
5. Pour the glaze through a sieve and let it cool to about 85°F. Then add a few drops of each different color of food coloring to different spots of the glaze.
6. Remove the cake from the springform pan and place it on a wire rack, preferably inside of a pan. This part can get a little messy, so make sure to place something underneath the rack to catch the glaze that drips off! Then pour the colorful glaze evenly over the cake surface.
If you liked this recipe, you'll love what we have in store for you! Check out some of our other colorful, no-bake recipes, such as: light and airy Raspberry Yogurt Mini Cakes, the mystical Galaxy Cheesecake, the Rainbow Cheesecake perfect for every birthday party, or the chocolaty and rich Stracciatella Cheesecake. And because you don't need an oven to make any of these, they're the perfect recipes to make together with small children!