Enjoyment in all colors: Rainbow Cakepops are quite the eyecatcher
If you have a child's birthday coming up, these Rainbow Cakepops are both easy and fun to make, not to mention mouth-wateringly yummy! Your small guests will delight in the colors and won't end up with icing all over their faces and clothes. It's a win-win!
We like this food coloring for its vivid colors. Use it sparingly, as a little goes a long way! Which is good news, because the kids are sure to be demanding encores of your colorful creations!
You will need:
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 3⁄4 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- assorted food colors
- 1 3⁄4 cups white chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- Mix the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the egg, salt and vanilla extract.
- Next add the flour, baking powder and milk, mixing well until you have achieved a smooth consistency.
- Separate the batter into five small mixing bowls and add a drop or two of food coloring to each.
- Pour each color batter into a cupcake form and bake at 350 °F for 15 minutes.
- Add the white chocolate and whipping cream to a small mixing bowl and melt in the microwave.
- Crumble the cupcakes into bowls and add a small amount of the melted chocolate.
- Take a large pinch of each color cake and place one on top of the other in rainbow order. Wrap with cling wrap and shape into a ball. Of if you're a perfectionist and you want professional quality balls each time, you can cheat with a cakepop mold.
- Remove the cake balls from the wrap or mold and freeze for 20 minutes to firm.
- Dip each cakepop stick in melted chocolate and insert into the cake balls.
- Holding by the stick, submerge each cakepop in melted chocolate. Sprinkle with deco if desired and let them set in a cakepop stand.
You can review all of the steps in this video:
Now you're ready to throw the best birthday party ever! Once you've done this recipe once, you'll be inspired to try all sorts of new combinations and you'll find yourself waiting for the next occasion to make some!
Have fun and enjoy!