Pumpkin Bundt Cake With Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Frosting
Everyone knows and loves pumpkin pie, but have you ever tried pumpkin cake? Today we're showing you how to make a pumpkin bundt cake that is as moist and fluffy as can be. It's a two-tier cake made with Hokkaido pumpkin that's puréed up, filled with a luxurious pumpkin spice cream cheese frosting, and topped with homemade orange icing. Essentially, all your favorite fall flavors combined into one ridiculously tasty cake that also just so happens to look like a pumpkin!
For each cake:
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1¾ cups ground walnuts
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1¾ sticks butter, room temperature
- 1 small Hokkaido pumpkin, grated
- room temperature butter & bread crumbs to coat the pan
For the pumpkin spice cream cheese frosting:
- ½ of a 15 oz can of pumpkin puree
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1⅓ cups whipped cream
For the orange icing:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 drop orange food coloring
- green fondant
- 2 identical bundt pans
1. First prepare the pumpkin cakes. Beat the eggs and sugar until frothy, stir in the ground walnuts, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and softened butter, and then fold in the grated pumpkin. Grease 2 bundt pans with butter and sprinkle bread crumbs inside before adding the batter. Bake the pumpkin bundt pans in a preheated oven set to 350°F for 55 minutes.
2. Let the pumpkin cakes cool for about 10 minutes before removing them from the pans. In the meantime, prepare the pumpkin spice cream cheese frosting. Mix the pumpkin purée, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and pumpkin pie spice, and then gently fold in the whipped cream at the end.
3. Remove the cakes from the pans and place the first of the pumpkin bundt cakes on a platter with the bottom facing up.
4. Fill the hole in the bundt cake with the pumpkin spice cream cheese frosting and spread it over the top.
5. Place the second bundt cake on top and fill the hole in the cake with pumpkin spice cream cheese frosting.
6. Mix the ingredients for the icing and pour it over the top of the cake. Form the green fondant into a stem and put it on top of your pumpkin cake.
This is the stuff that fall dreams are made of: a super moist, fluffy cake in the shape of a pumpkin that tastes as good as it looks! Now go ahead and grab yourself a pumpkin from the patch (or grocery store) and get baking!
Get the recipe for the Pumpkin Cheese Cake featured in the bonus video.