Ham and Bacon Potatoes au Gratin: Warm & Creamy Pick-Me-Up
In this recipe, thinly sliced potatoes are layered with ham and cheese to create the ultimate comfort food experience. Did we mention there's bacon involved?
You'll Need (for 4 servings):
- 5 large potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 7 oz sliced ham
- 5 oz sliced cheese
- 8 oz bacon, fried till crispy and crumbled
- 2 and 1/4 cups mozzarella
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 1/3 cups cream
- Wash and peel the potatoes and cut them into thin slices. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a layer of potato slices into a square casserole dish, followed by a layer of ham and a layer of cheese slices. Repeat the whole process once more.
- Sprinkle the bacon on top of the second layer of cheese. Add some parsley and cover with yet another layer of potato slices. Now add the mozzarella.
- Mix the eggs and cream well, and pour it over the mozzarella. Finally, bake for 60 minutes at 320° F.
Does it get any yummier than this?