Warm and creamy: Ham and Bacon Potatoes au Gratin
In this recipe, thinly sliced potatoes are layered with ham and cheese to create the ultimate comfort food experience. Did we mention there's bacon involved?
You will need (for 4 servings):
- 5 large potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 7 oz sliced ham
- 5 oz sliced cheese
- 8 oz bacon, fried till crispy and crumbled
- 2 and 1/4 cups mozzarella
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 1/3 cups cream
- Wash and peel the potatoes and cut them into thin slices. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a layer of potato slices into a square casserole dish, followed by a layer of ham and a layer of cheese slices. Repeat the whole process once more.
- Sprinkle the bacon on top of the second layer of cheese. Add some parsley and cover with yet another layer of potato slices. Now add the mozzarella.
- Mix the eggs and cream well, and pour it over the mozzarella. Finally, bake for 60 minutes at 320° F.
Does it get any yummier than this?