Potato Salad Dome Cake
Warm weather is just around the corner, and that means it's almost time for picnics, BBQs, and garden parties! Nothing screams cookout quite like potato salad and hot dogs do, so we've brought these 2 warm-weather classics together in this stunning recipe for a potato salad dome cake. Serve it at your first BBQ of the season and start the spring and summer months off right!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled & boiled
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 8 gherkins, diced
- 1 cup gherkin juice
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup cream cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- bread & butter pickle chips + hot dog slices to decorate
1. Dice the boiled potatoes and combine with the diced apple, red onion, hard-boiled eggs, and gherkins in a large dome-shaped bowl.
2. Pour the gherkin juice, mayonnaise, and cream cheese into a jar, secure the lid, and shake vigorously to combine.
3. Add the homemade dressing to the potato mixture, season with salt and pepper, and mix well to combine. Smooth out the mixture on top of the bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours.
4. Place a serving platter on top of the bowl, flip the bowl over, and gently remove the bowl from the potato salad dome cake. Decorate the outside of the cake with alternating rows of bread & butter pickle chips and hot dog slices before serving.
This original recipe for a potato salad dome cake will become one of your go-to dishes when you need a side for a get-together. Between the hot dog and pickles decorating the outside and the creamy, delicious potato salad you're serving up, this recipe is absolutely spudtacular!
Get the recipe for the Chicken Potato Salad Cake featured in the bonus video.