Potato Pizza: An Irresistible Combination
When it comes to mealtime, there's nothing quite as versatile, beloved, and tasty as the potato. Being one of the largest food crops in the world, it's no wonder there's an endless number of recipes and variations. But in terms of popularity, there's a competitor that comes with an equally large variety of flavors: the pizza. If you ever find yourself trying to decide between these two favorites, you can rest easy! With this recipe, potatoes and pizza finally come together.
- 1 potato
- 2 tbsp parmesan
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 medium-sized mushrooms
- 6 oz mozzarella
- 1 egg
- 4 slices smoked ham/prosciutto
- Wash the potato and cut into thin slices. If the potato is fresh, without sprouts, then the peel can also be consumed.
- Heat a bit of olive oil in a pan and place the potato slices in a fan shape, working from the outside in. The potatoes should overlap a bit.
- Sprinkle the parmesan over the potatoes and cover the pan. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Now pour the tomato sauce evenly over the potatoes, and add the oregano. Arrange the mushrooms and mozzarella in a circular pattern so that you leave a hole in the middle. Finally, crack an egg into the center of the potato pizza.
- Cover the pan and let cook for 6 minutes, before carefully transferring to a plate.
- Place the ham on the pizza and season with fresh ground pepper.
Voila! Finished! When it comes to mealtime favorites, the potato pizza is certainly a hot new candidate.