Our Sumptuous Cordon Bleu Gives A Swiss Classic A Fresh New Look
Usually, cordon bleu comprises fried veal or pork escalopes filled with cheese and ham. However, we're giving this traditional Swiss dish a fresh new look by using some lean chicken coated in a delicious potato jacket. It's a real eye-catcher!
- 10½ oz potatoes
- 1 large slice of cheese
- 1 large slice of ham
- 2 chicken breast
- 3½ oz flour
- 3 eggs
1. Peel the potatoes and dice them into small cubes.
2. Boil the potato cubes for 5 minutes and transfer them to a long baking dish so that they can cool.
3. Cut the cheese and ham slices in half.
4. Use a long knife to cut a hole into the two chicken breasts lengthways.
5. Now place a cheese halve on top of a ham halve and roll both up. Repeat this process with the other halves.
6. Insert the cheese and ham roll into the hole in each chicken breast.
7. Pour the flour into a baking dish. Mix the three eggs and transfer them to another baking dish. Now dip the chicken breasts first into the flour and then into the egg mixture.
8. Cover the two chicken breasts with the cooled potato cubes. Next, bake everything in a convection oven set to 350°F for 15 minutes.
9. Your quite spectacular Potato Cordon Bleu can be eaten fresh out the oven.
A small salad and a glass of red go perfectly with this wonderfully tasty dish. Bon appétit!
You can find the recipe for the Cordon Bleu Chicken Pastry featured in the bonus video here.