Cheesy Casserole Loaf With Scalloped Potatoes, Ground Beef, Tomatoes & Spinach
Think loaf pans are only for bread and cake? Think again! We made a potato casserole that not only looks great, but also tastes amazing thanks to seasoned ground beef, fresh spinach, ripe tomatoes, and plenty of cheese!
- 5 large potatoes
- 5 oz sliced cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tsp paprika
- 14 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 oz fresh spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp parsley to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Peel the potatoes, cut them into thin slices, and line the bottom and sides of a greased 12 x 4-inch loaf pan with them.
2. Cover the potato slices with the cheese slices.
3. Heat some olive oil in a pan over medium heat and cook the onions and garlic. Add the ground beef and season with paprika.
4. Add the diced tomatoes, season everything with salt and pepper, and finally add the spinach leaves. Let simmer for about 10 minutes.
5. Spoon some of the ground beef mixture over the cheese.
6. Cover the beef mixture with potato slices, followed by more slices of cheese.
7. Add some more of the beef mixture on top and continue layering until you reach the top of the potato slices on the side. Then push more potato slices down on the sides to layer higher.
8. Cover the casserole with potato slices.
9. Cook for 70 minutes, let cool a bit, and garnish with parsley.
Just look at those beautiful layers – wow, what a beautiful and delicious dish!
You can find the recipe for the Meat & Potato Bake featured in the bonus video here.