Savory Pork Loin Roll Filled With Ham And Cheese
We love a good pie here at Scrumdiddlyumptious. And we don't discriminate between sweet and savory! No, we have never-ending love for both. But sometimes you just need to have a hearty meat pie to get you through the day, and that's exactly what this recipe is all about. The magic ingredient that makes this dish stand out is the pork loin that is filled with ham & cheese, rolled into a spiral, and then placed on top of a buttery, crumbly base. When those elements start coming together in the oven, the smell that wafts through the house is just irresistible. See for yourself!
- 3 lbs pork loin
- salt & pepper to taste
- 14 oz cheese slices
- 14 oz sliced ham
- 8 oz sliced prosciutto
- ⅔ cup Alfredo sauce
For the base:
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup flour
- ¾ stick butter, melted
- springform pan
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Mix the ingredients for the base, transfer it to the springform pan, and press the mass down a little. Then refrigerate the springform pan for 20 minutes.
2. In the meantime, cut the pork loin lengthwise into about ½-inch thick strips. Put some plastic wrap over the meat and then use a tenderizer to flatten it.
3. Season the meat with salt and pepper and place the ham and cheese slices on top.
4. Roll up the meat as shown in the video so that you are left with one big roll.
5. Take the springform pan out of the refrigerator, remove the collar of the pan, and place the pork loin roll on the buttery base.
6. Wrap the sliced prosciutto around the pork loin roll.
7. Carefully place the collar of the springform pan around the pork loin roll and snap it in place.
8. Transfer the springform pan to the oven and cook for 60 minutes. Afterwards, remove the collar and the bottom of the springform pan, and pour the Alfredo sauce over the top of the hearty pie.
This is the perfect recipe for true meat lovers! It doesn't try to distract from the fact that the pork loin is the star of the show, but the cheese and Alfredo sauce add a nice creaminess to this dish that you're definitely going to love!
Get the recipe for the Giant Chicken Cordon Bleu featured in the bonus video.