Two favorite snacks meet with a twist: Pizza Pretzels
There are certain kinds of doughy snacks we all love to nosh on, but in anyone's list of top five you'll undoubtedly find pizza and pretzels. Although many a pizza maker has earned points for creativity by baking various fillings into the edge of the dough, has anyone ever tried to capture the essence of a pizza inside a pretzel?
And could there be anything more tempting alongside a frosty mug of your favorite beer? We feel compelled to find out...
You will need (for 8 pretzels):
- ready-made pizza dough
- 3.5 oz ham, in small cubes (pancetta also works nicely!)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- Roll the pizza dough out and cut it into eight equal strips.
- In the middle of each strip, carefully sprinkle the cubed ham and mozzarella. Now press the sides together so that the ham and cheese is nicely sealed in.
- Form the rolled dough strips into pretzels, brush with beaten egg, and sprinkle with parmesan. Bake at 390 °F for 10-13 minutes.
Now all you need is your favorite dipping sauces and a cold one! Cheers!