Pizza Pretzels – A Twist On Two Favorite Snacks
There are certain kinds of doughy snacks we all love to nosh on, but in anyone's list of top five you'll undoubtedly find pizza and pretzels. Although many a pizza maker has earned points for creativity by baking various fillings into the edge of the dough, has anyone ever tried to capture the essence of a pizza inside a pretzel? And could there be anything more tempting alongside a frosty mug of your favorite beer? We feel compelled to find out!
You'll Need (for 8 pretzels):
- ready-made pizza dough
- 3.5 oz ham, in small cubes (pancetta also works nicely!)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- Roll the pizza dough out and cut it into eight equal strips.
- In the middle of each strip, carefully sprinkle the cubed ham and mozzarella. Now press the sides together so that the ham and cheese is nicely sealed in.
- Form the rolled dough strips into pretzels, brush with beaten egg, and sprinkle with parmesan. Bake at 390 °F for 10-13 minutes.
Now all you need is your favorite dipping sauces and a cold one! Cheers!