Autumnal treat: Pizza on a stick!
The season of ice cream and popsicles is sadly over, and it won’t be long until the bright leaves of autumn have come and gone. If you can’t stop thinking about that last ice cream bar in your hand, and the sensation of biting into that rich chocolate coating, console yourself with this clever recipe! It will get you through autumn and winter, and before you know it, the ice cream truck will be arriving once more!
You will need (for 4 portions):
- 1 sheet pizza dough
- 4 tbsp. tomato sauce
- 4 slices serrano ham
- 1 egg
- 3 oz grated mozzarella
- cheddar cheese to sprinkle
- With the help of an oval cookie cutter, or other appliance, cut out eight equal sections of dough. On four of these section, press a wooden popsicle stick onto the bottom side.
- Coat each portion of dough with a spoonful of tomato sauce. Additionally, add a slice of ham, two basil leaves, and some mozzarella.
- Now brush the edges of the dough with egg and carefully lay a second portion of dough on top. Push the edges together. The egg acts as an adhesive.
- Cut bacon into small pieces and fry in a pan until crispy. Alternatively, you can use store-bought bacon bits.
- Sprinkle bacon bits and cheddar cheese on top of each "pizza."
- Bake at 340°F for 20 minutes.
I scream, you scream, we all scream for... pizza! This treat is a guaranteed hit for kids and grown-ups alike. Enjoy!