Garfield Would Be Licking His Paws: Pizza Lasagna
Getting up to mischief and constantly eating — these are the two trademarks of one of America's most famous cartoon cats: Garfield! His favorite food is no secret: zesty, saucy lasagna. But when he can't get his paws on that, he never says no to a thick slice of cheesy pizza. And with this new creation, he can have it all in one amazing meal!...
- cooking oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 7 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2¼ lbs ground beef
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2¾ cups marinara sauce
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- lasagna noodles, 20 pieces, cooked
- pepperoni slices
- 1¼ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat some oil in a pot and add the onion, garlic and mushrooms. Simmer for a short time and then add the ground beef. Continue simmering while adding salt, chili flakes and oregano. When the ground beef is cooked, add the marinara sauce and continue on a low flame.
- Now mix the ricotta cheese with the eggs and grated Parmesan.
- Next it's time for some layering: lay the lasagna noodles on the bottom of a spring-form baking pan. Pour on 1/3 of the sauce and add another layer of lasagna noodles. On this layer you can add the ricotta cream and cover it with pepperoni slices. Then continue as follows: lasagna noodles, sauce, lasagna noodles, ricotta, pepperoni, lasagna noodles, sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni. Now bake it for 60 minutes at 340 °F.
We're pretty sure Garfield could gulp this hearty treat down in one go, but you'll probably want to let some of your family and friends enjoy it too. To serve, simply cut into slices like it's a cake and enjoy — it's like two meals in one!