This Adorable Cake Will Make You As Happy As A Pig In Mud
Do you love chocolate? Do you think pigs are cute? Have you always wanted to impress your family, friends, and coworkers with the most creative cake of all time? Even if you only answered yes to two out of the three, today is your day! What we proudly present here is nothing less than the outrageous and legendary piggy mud bath cake.
For the cake batter:
- 10½ oz sugar
- 2 eggs
- 8 fl oz hot water
- 3 oz cocoa powder
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3¾ fl oz vegetable oil
- 9 oz yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 9 oz flour
For the chocolate cream:
- 19 oz dark baking chocolate
- 9 oz cream
For the piggies:
- 14 oz pink fondant
You'll also need:
- 18 Kit Kat packs
- 2 springform pans (⌀ 8 inch)
1. Preheat the oven to 320°F. Mix all the cake batter ingredients together in a large bowl until smooth.
2. Divide the batter between the two pans and bake both cakes at the same time for 50 minutes. While the cakes are baking, prepare the chocolate cream and let it cool.
3. Add the chocolate cream to a piping bag and frost the top of the first cake. Then put the second cake on top.
4. Frost the sides of the double layer cake and smooth it out.
5. Now line the cake with Kit Kat bars by pushing them vertically against the chocolate cream.
6. Now cover the top of the cake with chocolate cream, filling it to the brim.
7. Create cute little piggies from the pink fondant — give them relaxed faces and roll-up ears.
8. Put as many swimming piggies as you want on top of the cake. Bonus points for adding a little umbrella!
This cake is a hit in every way. Let the pigs enjoy their mud bath, and then enjoy the chocolaty splendor!