Delicious Peach Cookies Filled With Jam And Hazelnut Truffles
You might think these cookies came straight from Georgia, but we promise they're homemade! Featuring a decadent hazelnut truffle in between two peach jam-filled cookies, this dessert is just as stunning to look at as it is delicious to sample The results are going to blow your mind, both in terms of taste as well as looks!
You'll Need (for 8):
For the cookie dough:
- 1 stick butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⅔ cups flour
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- zest of 1 lemon
For the filling:
- ¼ cup peach jam
- 8 hazelnut truffles
- ⅔ cup peach juice
- red & orange food coloring
- 1 cup sugar
- fresh mint leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Beat the butter and sugar until foamy, then add in the flour, cream cheese, vanilla extract, baking powder, egg, and lemon zest, and combine everything with a hand mixer. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
2. Form the dough into evenly sized balls and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes, then take the baking sheet out of the oven and let the cookies cool a little bit.
3. Slightly hollow out the bottom of the cookies with a spoon. Collect all the cookie crumbs in a bowl.
4. Mix the crumbs with peach jam and fill the hollowed-out cookies with the mixture.
5. Now press a hazelnut truffle into the middle of each cookie and press the two cookies together.
6. Add the peach juice to 2 different bowls and add in red and orange food coloring, respectively. Dunk the cookies into the red juice on one side and then into the orange juice on the other side.
7. Carefully roll the dipped cookies in a bowl of sugar. As a final touch, place some fresh mint leaves into the crack in the cookie so that it actually looks like a real peach!
If you don't want to use food coloring, you could also dye your cookies with beet juice and carrot juice. However you choose to recreate these stunning and realistic peach cookies, they're sure to turn out just peachy!