Simply delicious: cheesy patchwork potato bake
We often hear about crazy world records involving food: the biggest hamburger in America, or the largest pizza in the world. New to the league of extraordinarily large dishes is the cheesy potato pancake. Better not keep this all to yourself, unless you’re looking for a challenge! And while the size is impressive, the incredible flavor is what really stands out!
You will need:
- 4 medium-sized potatoes
- 3 grated carrots
- 2 chopped shallots
- 1 oz chives
- 3 eggs
- pinch of nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 14 oz cream cheese with herbs
- 6 slices ham
- 3.5 oz grated cheese
- Peel the potatoes and then grate them over a mixing bowl. Add the carrots, chives, shallots, eggs, nutmeg, and bit of salt and pepper and mix well.
- Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Make sure there are no holes or gaps!
- Bake for 30 minutes at 320° F. Afterwards, let cool.
- Spread half of the cream cheese atop the cooled potato pancake, and then add the ham slices. Spread the remaining cream cheese over the ham.
- Using the baking paper to help, tightly roll the potato pancake lengthwise.
- Sprinkle the roll with grated cheese and bake for another 15 minutes at 320 °F.
Cut into thick slices and serve! Or, if cut into thin slices, the potato pancake roll makes a great finger food! However you choose to present it, this dish is certainly worth the effort. Enjoy!