Stuffed Pasta Shell Casserole — The Perfect Finger Food Recipe
How do you turn a pasta dish into the perfect finger food? Well, all you have to do is fill up large enough pasta shells and bake them in the oven! It really is as simple as it sounds.
- 5 oz pasta shells
- 1⅔ cups ricotta
- 7 oz cooked spinach
- 7 oz shredded mozzarella
- 3.5 oz grated parmesan
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped up
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper
- 8.5 fl oz tomato sauce
- Cook the pasta shells in salted water.
- Mix the ricotta, spinach, 5 oz of mozzarella, parmesan, garlic, chili flakes, oregano, and some salt and pepper into a cream. This is what you fill the pasta shells with.
- Fill two thirds of a casserole dish with tomato sauce and place the filled pasta shells on top. The filling should be facing upward. Spoon any remaining sauce on the pasta shells before sprinkling the rest of the mozzarella on top of everything.
- To finish, bake the casserole at 360°F for 15 minutes.
You can either spoon the pasta onto a plate or pluck them straight out of the casserole dish. If you'd like a lighter version of this dish, you can also fill your pasta shells with cooked vegetables. Just be sure to keep the cheese for the best results.