Pasta Mozzarella Sticks Stuffed With Homemade Marinara Sauce
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 6 cannelloni noodles
- 24 mozzarella pearls
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 oz crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tsp Tabasco
- salt to taste
- flour + whisked eggs + bread crumbs for the breading
- Boil the cannelloni noodles for 3 minutes in lightly salted water. Drain the noodles and rinse them with cold water. Cut the noodles in half horizontally so that you have 12 noodles and stick a mozzarella pearl in the end of each noodle. Stand the noodles upright so that the end with the mozzarella pearl is on the bottom.
- For the marinara sauce, heat some olive oil in a pan over medium heat and sauté the garlic. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, parsley, Tabasco, and salt and let simmer until the sauce has thickened.
- Fill a freezer bag with the marinara sauce and cut off a corner of the bag. Pipe the marinara sauce into the stuffed cannelloni noodles, about ¾ of the way full, and top off each noodle with another mozzarella pearl.
- Coat the stuffed noodles in flour, egg, and bread crumbs.
- Heat some cooking oil in a pot to 350°F and fry the pasta mozzarella sticks until golden brown.
As you'll see, these tasty treats will disappear quickly, so you might want to have ingredients ready for a next batch! Aside from the Christmas buffet, these delicious little sticks are also great for keeping you going on those colder winter days. Yum!