Oven Rack-Roasted Chicken With Potato Wedges And Mixed Vegetables
In this recipe, we're bringing you a well-balanced chicken dinner, made even better by an ingenious new roasting technique! The brilliant racking system will cook your chicken breasts to juicy perfection, and thanks to gravity, the potato wedges and fresh vegetables underneath will be marinated in all that delicious flavor. Tender chicken, crispy potato wedges, and a whole medley of roasted veggies – crank up the oven and rack 'em!
Yield: 9 servings
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
For the roasted chicken:
- ⅓ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 9 chicken breasts
For the potato wedges:
- 4 large potatoes, cut into wedges
For the roasted vegetables:
- 1 small head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1 eggplant, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small head of broccoli, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- rosemary & thyme to taste
- ¼ stick butter, grated
- 3 wooden skewers (approx. 1 ft long each)
- cheese grater
- 2 oven racks
- 1 baking tray
1. For the marinade, combine the BBQ sauce, spices, brown sugar, vegetable oil, and soy sauce in a deep bowl. Coat the chicken breasts in marinade, cover the bowl, transfer the bowl the the refrigerator, and chill for at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight.
2. Wash the vegetables and chop them into medium-sized pieces. Transfer the chopped veggies to a baking tray lined with parchment paper, sprinkle fresh rosemary and thyme on top, and use a cheese grater to grate butter evenly over the vegetable medley. Transfer the baking tray to the lowest rack in the oven.
3. For the potatoes, wash the potatoes, slice them into wedges, and place them on an oven rack. Transfer the oven rack to the middle section of the oven.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Remove the marinated chicken breasts from the refrigerator and skewer 3 chicken breasts on each foot-long wooden skewer, for a total of 3 skewers.
5. Hang the 3 skewers, each containing 3 marinated chicken breasts, on an oven rack.
6. Transfer the oven rack with the marinated chicken skewers to the top track in the oven, making sure the chicken doesn't touch the potatoes.
7. Bake the 3 layers of food in the oven at 350°F for 30 minutes. The marinade from the chicken will drip down onto the potato wedges and roasted veggies to add some delicious, tangy flavor!
When you take the chicken breasts out of the oven, they'll be perfectly roasted – juicy on the inside, and a bit crunchy on the outside. But the best part of this well-balanced chicken dinner has to be all of the intense flavor that the marinade drips onto each and every ingredient. Thank you, gravity!
Get the recipe for the Oven-Roasted Chicken & Veggies featured in the bonus video.