Chocolate-Covered Oreo Sundae Ice Cream Bars
Chocolate, ice cream, and cookies are 3 of the most satisfying sweet treats out there, so we got inspired to combine all 3 of them into 1 loaded ice cream bar! We're taking crushed up Oreo cookies, putting them straight into homemade ice cream, and coating them in a layer of chocolate to bring you the ultimate ice cream bar. The cherry on top? These Oreo ice cream bars can be customized with your favorite sundae toppings! You just need a few basic ingredients and you're read to make these easy, delicious, and ridiculously professional-looking desserts. Just watch out for that brain freeze, because you're going to want to slurp these ice cream bars up fast!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
For the ice cream:
- 10 Oreo snack packs (6 cookies in each)
- 1⅓ cups sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the toppings:
- 10 oz dark chocolate, tempered
- 10 oz white chocolate, tempered
- 6 crushed Oreos (filling removed)
- mini M&M's
- strawberry chips
- pistachios, chopped
- nut topping
- 10 empty Oreo snack pack packages
- 10 popsicle sticks
1. Cut the 10 Oreo snack packs open at one end. Remove the Oreo cookies, scrape their filling out into a large pitcher, and set the pitcher aside for later. Set 6 Oreo cookies (with their filling removed) aside to be used later as a topping and crush all of the remaining Oreo cookies. Position the 10 empty Oreo packages upright in a saucepan and spoon an equal amount of crushed Oreos into each one.
2. For the ice cream, pour the sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, and vanilla extract into the pitcher containing the Oreo cream filling and whisk everything together until combined.
3. Pour the ice cream mixture into the Oreo packages.
4. Insert 1 popsicle stick into each package, transfer the saucepan to the freezer, and freeze the ice cream bars for at least 2–3 hours, preferably overnight.
5. After the ice cream bars have frozen, temper both the dark and white chocolate. Pour each type of tempered chocolate into a separate tall glass, take the ice cream bars out of the freezer, remove the packaging, and dip the ice cream into the tempered chocolate.
6. Sprinkle sundae toppings onto the chocolate before it hardens – we recommend crushed pistachios, mini M&Ms, strawberry chips, crushed Oreos, and a nut topping.
As soon as you take one bite of these Oreo sundae ice cream bars, you'll feel chills run down your spine – and not just because they're frozen! These desserts are super easy to make, fun to decorate, and delicious. Milk is about to get jealous, because Oreos just found a new best friend!
Get the recipe for the Ice Cream Bars From A Pringles Can featured in the bonus video.