Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Cordon Bleu On An Orange Skewer
Spring has finally sprung, and that means it's time to fire up the grill! Make the most out of BBQ season with a spit-roasted meat dish cooked directly on the grill – you'll love this innovative cooking hack that uses oranges to seal in the skewer, thus giving your chicken cordon bleu a nice citrus note.
- 4-5 chicken breasts
- 1 orange
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 4 thin slices of ham
- 3 slices of cheese
- 16 slices of bacon
1. Butterfly the chicken breasts, cover with plastic wrap, and pound the fillets with a meat tenderizer.
2. Arrange all of the chicken breasts on top of the plastic wrap as shown in the video.
3. Cut the orange in half, remove the pulp with a spoon and place it in a sieve, and squeeze the juice into a saucepan. Add the honey, paprika, salt, and pepper to the pot and let simmer.
4. Brush the marinade over the chicken breasts and place the ham and cheese slices on top.
5. Place a wooden spoon at the end of the meat and use it to help you roll everything up.
6. Wrap 16 slices of bacon around the meat roll and place the two orange peels from Step #3 on either side of the wooden spoon.
7. Place 4 forks on the grill as shown in the video, place the meat roll on top, and cook for 45 minutes, making sure to regularly rotate the roll.
Crispy bacon, juicy chicken, melted cheese, and a hint of orange... nobody will be able to resist this mouthwatering dish!
You can find the recipe for the Chicken Cordon Bleu with Béchamel Sauce featured in the bonus video here.