Creamy One-Pot Lasagna
When the fragrant scent of tomatoes, oregano, ground beef, and cheese wafts through your home, you know what time it is: lasagna time! This classic pasta dish is an all-time comforting favorite for way more reasons than we can count, but sometimes the amount of work that goes into making lasagna can be a bit daunting. Who actually has the time and patience to spend hours in the kitchen after coming home from a long day at work? And then there's the clean up! But never again, because this dish honors the deliciousness of more laborious lasagna recipes while also enabling you to have amazing lasagna on a weeknight. Check out this recipe for creamy one-pot lasagna to find out what the fuss is all about!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt & pepper to taste
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 28 oz whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 6 oz lasagna noodles
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced
- fresh basil leaves to garnish
1. Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat and sweat the onions and garlic. Add the ground beef to the pot, season with salt and pepper, and brown the meat. Stir in the tomato sauce, whole peeled tomatoes, and oregano.
2. Break the uncooked lasagna noodles into smaller pieces and push them into the sauce. Let the sauce simmer for about 13 minutes until the noodles are al dente.
3. Stir the ricotta cheese into the sauce.
4. Place the mozzarella slices on top of the sauce and cover the pot with a lid. Let the one-pot lasagna simmer over low heat until the mozzarella is completely melted and garnish the dish with fresh basil leaves.
Pretty tempted to just run to the grocery and get all the ingredients for this incredibly simple, amazingly tasty one-pot lasagna, aren't you? Well, don't let us stop you! Make 2020 the year you treat yourself and your loved ones to this yummy one-pot lasagna!
Get the recipe for the Deep Dish Pan Pizza featured in the bonus video.