Creamy One-Pot Lasagna
When the fragrant scent of tomatoes, oregano, ground beef, and cheese wafts through your home, you know what time it is: lasagna time! This classic pasta dish is an all-time comforting favorite for way more reasons than we can count, but sometimes the amount of work that goes into making lasagna can be a bit daunting. Who actually has the time and patience to spend hours in the kitchen after coming home from a long day at work? And then there's the clean up! But never again, because this dish honors the deliciousness of more laborious lasagna recipes while also enabling you to have amazing lasagna on a weeknight. Check out this recipe for creamy one-pot lasagna to find out what the fuss is all about!
- 14 oz ground beef
- 14 oz tomato sauce
- 28 oz whole peeled tomatoes
- 6 oz lasagna noodles
- 7 oz ricotta cheese
- 7 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 2 onions, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp oregano
- fresh basil to garnish
1. Sweat the onions and garlic in olive oil. Add the ground beef, season with salt and pepper, brown the meat, and add the tomato sauce, tomatoes, and oregano.
2. Break the lasagna noodles into bite-sized pieces and spread them in the pot until they're covered in sauce. Let the lasagna simmer for about 13 minutes until the noodles are al dente.
3. Stir in the ricotta.
4. Spread the mozzarella on top of the lasagna. Put a lid on the pot and then let the lasagna simmer over low heat until the mozzarella is completely melted. Garnish the one-pot lasagna with fresh basil leaves before serving.
Pretty tempted to just run to the grocery and get all the ingredients for this incredibly simple, amazingly tasty one-pot lasagna, aren't you? Well, don't let us stop you! Make 2020 the year you treat yourself and your loved ones to this yummy one-pot lasagna!
Get the recipe for the Deep Dish Pan Pizza featured in the bonus video.