On-The-Go Omelet Is Virtually Foolproof
As some of life's most practical accessories, bags have definitely proven their worth. We use them to carry everything, from our new clothes, to our wallets and car keys, even our weekly groceries. But bags aren't just ideal for carrying food. They can also be used as the main utensil for making a delicious meal. Where did you stash your freezer bags? You're going to need them.
You'll Need (for 1 portion):
- 3 eggs
- 3 oz diced ham, cooked
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Break the eggs into a re-sealable freezer bag and gently swirl them about and knead them until you have a uniform mixture. Now add all the other ingredients to the bag, season with a little salt and pepper, and then close the bag. Knead the contents one more time in order to mix in all the ingredients.
- Place the bag upright in a saucepan with boiling water. Leave the omelet like that to cook for 15 minutes.
The climax of this wonderfully simple recipe comes in getting the omelet out of the bag. Try to loosen it gently from the bottom of the bag and let it slide out, and you're done! But there's no reason why you shouldn't try other tasty versions of this omelet. Let your imagination loose — there are lots of other vegetables, salami, herbs or even your favorite cheese.