Strawberry and Nutella French Toast: Breakfast Like Never Before
French toast is a popular breakfast choice in many countries. What we know as French toast is actually called “pain perdu” (lost bread) in France, because the recipe gave new life to bread that was no longer fresh. The simplest instructions call for milk, eggs, and butter, but this recipe takes bread revitalization one step further. Breakfast will never be the same!
You will need (for one portion):
- 2 slices white bread
- 4 tbsp Nutella
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- butter for the pan
- Spread Nutella on one side of each bread slice.
- Cut the strawberries into thin slices, and then place them over the Nutella on ONE of the bread slices.
- Place one bread slice on top of the other, so that the strawberries are surrounded by Nutella.
- Add the eggs, milk, and spices to a large container, and mix thoroughly.
- Place the sandwich into the mixture, allowing each side to soak for about one minute.
- Now heat a bit of butter in a pan and cook until both sides of the sandwich are golden brown.
Wow! This simple and delicious idea could even tempt non-breakfast eaters. And if you don't have time to whip up something in the morning, this French toast makes a great snack at any hour. Enjoy!