A creamy indulgence for chocolate addicts: Nutella Cheesecake Squares
We all love a good cheesecake — the cream of the cheese perfectly set off by the crunchy base. But if you want something with a bit more bite, why not try these Nutella Cheesecake Squares? Get your hazelnut and chocolate fix with this refrigerated cheesecake, which also lets you indulge your artistic side. Don't forget to have fun with the decorating!
- 3/4 cup butter cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 1/3 cup Nutella
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts
- 17 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
- 4 Ferrero Rocher
- candy sprinkles
- Crumble the butter cookies in a food processor. Fold in the melted butter and one tbsp Nutella. Add in the hazelnuts and whizz everything in the food processor again.
- Prepare a baking tray with baking parchment and spread the mixture out flat on the tray. Refrigerate for one hour.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract together. Use a whisk to mix in the rest of the Nutella.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the cooled cookie base. Refrigerate the whole thing for another hour.
- Use the baking parchment to lift the whole thing off the tray. Cut it into pieces. Use an icing bag to add blobs of Nutella on top. Then decorate with a few more hazelnuts, the Ferrero Rocher chocolates chopped into pieces and some candy sprinkles.
Oh my! One look at this tasty treat, and we can understand why hazelnuts and chocolate go so well together. Don't forget to have as much fun eating it as you did decorating it!