5 Snacks For Your New Year’s Eve Party: Make It A Hit With These Finger Food Recipes!
Another year has come to an end, so it's time to celebrate! If you're throwing a party, you'll want to make sure that you have enough food and drinks to keep your guests happy. As it's not always easy finding the time to prepare lots to eat, we've come up with five simple finger food recipes that are sure to be a winner during the festivities.
1. Cheesy Cauliflower Snacks
- 1 grated cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp oregano
- 2 chopped up garlic cloves
- salt & pepper
- 3.5 oz shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 10-11 oz shredded mozzarella (as a garnish)
- freshly chopped parsley (as decoration)
- Grate the entire head of cauliflower.
- Add all the ingredients (using only 3.5 oz of the mozzarella) to the grated cauliflower before seasoning with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly and press the mixture onto a lined baking tray. Bake at 340°F for 25 minutes.
- After baking, sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella on top, along with some pepper. Bake once more for 10 minutes at 340°F.
2. Ham & Cheese Tornadoes
You'll Need (for 8):
- puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 7 oz shredded cheddar
- 8 slices of bacon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary
- Roll out the puff pastry and coat with egg.
- Sprinkle with cayenne pepper and then evenly distribute the shredded cheese. Use a rolling pin to lightly roll out the dough.
- Now fold the dough sheet in half and press the edges gently together so they stay in place.
- Cut the folded dough into eight equal strips and make them into spirals by twisting each end in opposite directions.
- Now the press a strip of bacon into the grooves of each spiral.
- Mix rosemary and brown sugar and sprinkle on top of the spirals.
- Bake for 375°F for 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Camembert Snacks
- 1 wheel of camembert
- ½ cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 8 strips of prosciutto
- 2 eggs, whisked
- ½ cup flour
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- oil for frying
- Cut up the camembert into eight wedges.
- Press both sides of the cheese wedge into the chopped hazelnuts.
- Now wrap each wedge in a strip of prosciutto.
- Roll the wrapped wedges in flour, then in the egg, and finally in the bread crumbs. Fry them in a pan with oil until they're crispy and golden brown.
4. Salami Rolls
You'll Need (for 1):
- 35 slices of salami
- 1 cup cream cheese
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ⅓ cup parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup black olives, cut into quarters
- Place a sheet of plastic wrap on the counter and arrange the salami slices in overlapping rows so that they form one solid sheet.
- Spread the cream cheese over the entire bed of salami and sprinkle the 3 toppings — pepper, parsley, olives — each over a third of the salami.
- Using the plastic wrap, roll the salami slices together tightly and then refrigerate for two hours. Then remove the plastic wrap and cut the roll into individual portions with a sharp knife.
5. Honey Balsamic Steak Bites
- 17.5 oz rump steak
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- oil for frying
- Cut the beef into cubes.
- Prepare the marinade by putting all the ingredients in a bowl and mixing them well.
- Put the meat in the marinade and let it marinate for at least two hours.
- Fry the meat cubes in a pan with oil and add some salt.
If you serve up these tasty treats, nothing could possibly go wrong as you ring in the new year. They're the perfect party snacks that you can prepare in batches if you're expecting lots of guests. Happy New Year!