This Is Certainly The Tastiest Way To Count In The New Year!
Want your cake to be the star of the New Year's Eve party buffet? Pop open the champagne and look no further...
- 8 eggs
- 14 oz sugar
- 13½ fl oz oil
- 7 fl oz milk
- 7 fl oz champagne
- 21 oz flour
- 6 oz cocoa
- whipped cream
- toothpick, cardboard
- glittery decorative sugar
- Preheat the oven to 340°F. Beat the eggs and sugar until foamy before stirring in the rest of the ingredients to create a smooth batter. Add the mixture to 12 cupcake baking cups.
2. Transfer the rest of the batter to a 9-inch baking pan. Bake the cupcakes for 15 minutes and the cake for 25 minutes at 340°F.
3. Cut a small "lid" out of the cupcakes, hollow them out, fill them with M&M's, and place the lid back on top.
4. Whip the cream until stiff and spread it thick onto the cake and individual cupcakes. Next, add some decorative sugar to the cupcakes so that the cake is shiny and the cupcakes have a darker surface.
5. It's now time to work on the clock. Pipe a whipped cream clock face onto the cake and add numbers onto the cupcakes. Next, make the hands out of the cardboard. Use the fondant, hands, and a toothpick to show the right time.
6. Biting into the cupcakes shows off their colorful beauty.
7. The countdown can now begin. Dig into a cupcake every hour!
Let's get the party started. Has there ever been a more beautiful clock to ring in the new year?