Crispy and gooey: conjure up waffles with an irresistible twist!
If up to this point you've resisted investing in a waffle iron because... well, maybe sweet breakfasts aren't your thing, fair enough. Perhaps savory treats are more your weakness? What if we threw in some melted cheese?
Let's keep an open mind for now, shall we?
You will need:
- 1 oz ball fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- butter or cooking spray
- chives as garnish
- your favorite dipping sauce
- Cut the mozzarella ball in half.
- Coat each half in flour, beaten egg, and breadcrumbs.
- Grease the waffle iron with butter or cooking spray and on a medium-high setting, press the coated mozzarella for 2 minutes until golden.
- Garnish with chives.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. (Psst! Marinara sauce is a good one!)
And now for the food porn:
So what's the verdict? Should you have included the waffle iron in the wedding registry after all? Feeling a little regretful? No worries! We've got you sorted.