4 Mini Mug Meals You Can Make In The Microwave
1. Rigatoni Pasta in a Mug
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 oz shredded mozzarella
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1½ oz cooked rigatoni
- grated parmesan to sprinkle on top
- Put one tablespoon of tomato sauce in the mug and sprinkle half the mozzarella on top. Then add the basil, the other half of the mozzarella, and another tablespoon of tomato sauce.
- Set the rigatoni upright in the mug
- Pour the rest of the tomato sauce on to the pasta and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Microwave the mug for 20 minutes at 350°F. To serve, turn the mug upside down onto a plate and remove it to reveal your pasta.
2. Pizza in a Mug
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 pinch baking powder
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp shredded mozzarella
- mini pepperoni slices
- For the dough, put the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, milk, and olive oil in the mug. Stir them together into a creamy dough.
- Directly on top of this, add the tomato sauce, followed by the mozzarella, pepperoni, and some oregano.
- Now bake the pizza in the microwave at 650 watts for 2 minutes.
3. Omelet in a Mug
- 1 tomato
- some oil
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper
- 2 slices of ham, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp shredded cheddar
- Chop the tomato.
- Brush the inside of the mug with some oil and crack the eggs into it. Beat them together with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the tomatoes, ham, spinach, milk, and parmesan to the eggs and mix the ingredients together with a fork.
- Then put the mug in the microwave for 2 minutes at 650 watts. Finally, sprinkle some cheddar over your finished omelet.
4. Chicken Fajita Pot Pie in a Mug
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ each of red, yellow, and green peppers, diced
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp fajita spice mix
- 1 tbsp flour
- 7 fl oz vegetable stock
- 5 oz cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- some puff pastry
- some egg yolk
- Heat oil and butter in a pan, before throwing in the peppers, onion, and garlic. Season with the fajita spice mix. Add in the flour and pour in the vegetable stock. Mix everything together and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken breast and sour cream to the pan.
- Spoon the mixture from the pan into a mug and cover it with a small circular portion of puff pastry. Brush the pastry with the egg yolk. Now cook the mug in the microwave for 25 minutes at 375°F.
Astonishingly, in two of these recipes, the microwave is not just there for warming things up, but is actually used to cook the whole dish. Maybe the stove and oven will see less use in future. Particularly for single-person households, this type of cooking makes sense.