Looks like a normal pizza, but not quite. This is Meatloaf Pizza!
These days you can get all kinds of pizza creations: stuffed crust, deep dish, pizza burgers, pizza pockets... the sky's the limit. With this classic fast food being used as the basis for so many other tasty treats, it was only a matter of time before it was fused with another classic from grandma's recipe book. And what do you get? A super-hearty, mega-meaty, flavor sensation: Meatloaf Pizza!
- 10 oz ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1 tsp oregano
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/3 cups grated mozzarella
- 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- fresh basil leaves
- To make the pizza "crust," mix the ground beef, egg, oats, onion, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper. Press the mix into the bottom of a springform pan and bake it for 20 minutes at 375 °F.
- When the crust is ready, cover it with pizza sauce. Now sprinkle on some oregano and add the mushrooms, cheese, and finally the tomato slices.
- Now bake the whole thing for another 10 minutes at 375 °F. When it's done, garnish it with some fresh basil leaves.
You may have tried a "meat lovers pizza" before, but this takes it to a whole new level... Enjoy!