Make A Meat & Potato Bake In No Time With A Handful Of Ingredients!
One thing is for sure — no matter how many casseroles and bakes you've made in your life, there won't have been many that were as quick and easy as the one we're preparing today. The only step that'll take a bit of time is getting the potatoes ready. Otherwise, this really is the perfect dish for people that are either pushed for time or have little experience in the kitchen...
- 28 oz large waxy potatoes
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 17½ oz ground meat
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 9 oz crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped oregano
- 3½ oz mozzarella
- fresh oregano leaves
- First, add the washed, but unpeeled, potatoes to a pot of cold water and bring it to the boil. After cooking them for 15 to 20 minutes, drain the potatoes and refresh them with cold water. Next, peel the potatoes and cut them into slices half an inch thick. Now wash the tomatoes, remove their stalks, and cut them in slices that are a similar size to the potatoes.
- Now sear the meat in olive oil and season it with salt and pepper. Next, take the pan off the heat.
- It's now time to layer all of your ingredients in a greased casserole dish. Start with the potato slices, making sure they overlap each other. Spread an even layer of meat on top of the potatoes. Next, spoon the crème fraîche on top of the meat and sprinkle on the oregano. Now add the tomato slices as a layer on top and sprinkle on the mozzarella to finish.
- Bake the casserole at 360°F in a preheated oven for 15 minutes. Decorate the meal with the oregano leaves.
Oh yeah, we haven't mentioned the most important reason for making this dish yet: it's a great-tasting winter warmer! So what are you waiting for? Get cooking!