Meat Lover's Burger: BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger With A Chicken Nugget Bun
If there's one food that everyone loves, it's got to be the hamburger. Burgers have evolved a lot over the years, but one thing that has never changed is people's appetite for them. And while there's no denying that the hamburger is a classic, the plain ol' beef patty between 2 slabs of bread can get a bit boring after awhile. Enter this burger recipe that will make any meat lover's heart skip a beat. We're stuffing the hamburger patty with onions, topping it with ooey, gooey cheese, crispy bacon, and tangy BBQ sauce, and then sliding it inside a giant chicken nugget bun. Yes, you read that right – the bun is made of fried chicken! If you weren't a huge meat fan before, you certainly will be after trying this burger!
For the chicken nugget bun:
- 3 frozen chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup panko bread crumbs
- salt & pepper to taste
- egg + flour + panko bread crumbs for the breading
For the hamburger patty:
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 red onion slices
For the toppings:
- BBQ sauce
1. Grate the frozen chicken breasts into a bowl.
2. Add the egg and panko bread crumbs to the grated chicken, season with salt and pepper, and mix well.
3. Line a 6 x 2-inch bowl with plastic wrap and add the chicken mixture. Firmly press it into the bowl so it takes on the shape of the bowl and then cover it with plastic wrap. Put the bowl in the freezer for about 90 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Remove the frozen chicken mass from the plastic wrap and dredge it in egg, flour, and panko bread crumbs. Deep fry the breaded chicken in300°F oil for 10 minutes and then cook it in the oven for 30 minutes.
5. Cut the chicken nugget bun in half and spread mayonnaise over the bottom half.
6. Season the ground beef with salt and pepper and form 2 large, flat hamburger patties. Place the 3 red onion slices on top of the first patty, cover it with the second patty, and seal the edges together with your hands to make one stuffed hamburger patty.
7. Fry the hamburger patty on both sides over medium heat for about 8 minutes. Place the patty on the bottom chicken nugget bun and top with cheese and crispy bacon.
8. Spread some BBQ sauce on the top half of the chicken nugget bun and place it on top of the burger.
Now is that a meat lover's burger or what? Prepare yourself for an amazing amount of flavor in every bite – dig in!
Get the recipe for the Giant Flaming Double Cheeseburger featured in the bonus video.