Strawberry, Banana, And Mascarpone Cream Dome Cake With A Ferrero Rocher Base And Nutella Core
Are you looking for a quick & easy cake that you can serve at your next get-together? Then this strawberry, banana, and mascarpone cream dome cake is just the dessert for you! This creamy, rich no-bake cake looks stunning, but it takes an unbelievably small amount of effort to make. Its fruity & creamy exterior hides a decadent chocolatey Ferrero Rocher base and rich Nutella core. Refreshing, fruity, creamy, and rich all at the same time – this dome cake is truly incredible!
Prep Time: 1 hour
Inactive Time: 5 hours
Difficulty Level: Easy
For the mascarpone cream:
- 3 cups mascarpone, room temperature
- 1¼ sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chopped almonds
- 1⅔ cups whipped cream
- 1 tbsp unflavored gelatin powder (optional)
For the fruity exterior:
- 1 lb strawberries, halved
- 2–3 bananas, sliced
For the base & Nutella core:
- 40 Ferrero Rocher chocolates
- 1 cup Nutella
1. Cut the strawberries in half and slice the bananas. Moisten a large mixing bowl with a small amount of water or line it with plastic wrap so that it will be easier to get the cake out of the bowl later. Line the bowl with the sliced fruit, alternating between rings of strawberries and bananas, starting from the bottom and finishing at the top.
2. For the mascarpone cream, stir together the warmed mascarpone, softened butter, chopped almonds, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until combined. Once everything is combined, carefully fold in the whipped cream. If you'd like the mascarpone cream to hold more effectively, dissolve 1 tbsp of unflavored gelatin powder in a small amount of water and gradually stir it into the mixture.
3. Spoon ¾ of the mascarpone cream into the fruit-lined bowl and use a ladle to make a large well in the center. Transfer the bowl to the refrigerator and let it chill for 1 hour.
4. Once the cake has cooled, remove the mixing bowl from the refrigerator and pour Nutella into the well in the center.
5. Spoon the remainder of the mascarpone cream on top of the Nutella, then carefully spread it around evenly so that the Nutella is covered. Press the Ferrero Rocher chocolates into the mascarpone cream, transfer the cake to the refrigerator, and let it chill for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
6. Once the cake has chilled, carefully flip it over onto a serving plate and dig in!
This extraordinary dome cake is super simple and the results are absolutely delicious. From its unique look to its creamy, dreamy taste, it makes the perfect dessert to serve at your next special occasion or gathering!
Get the recipe for the Ferrero Rocher Dessert Bowls featured in the bonus video.