Our Unique Fried Chicken Recipe Is A Real Eye-Catcher
Are you in the mood for chicken? Well, bear with us for the following recipe, as the bird will need a few days of preparation. But the waiting will be more than worth it in the end — once you take your first bite into this beautifully breaded treat, you'll be transported to fried chicken heaven. Colonel Sanders, eat your heart out!
- 1 chicken (approx. 3 lbs)
- 22 oz yogurt
- approx. 50 toothpicks
- 10 qt vegetable oil for frying
For the stock:
- 5 qt water
- 1 garlic bulb
- 3 oz ginger
- 2 chilis
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp peppercorns
- 2 star anises
- 5 cloves
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 5 tbsp salt
For the breading:
- 10 eggs
- 10 oz bread crumbs
- 3 oz cornmeal
- 5 tbsp paprika
- 3 tbsp coriander
- 5 tbsp sesame
- 4 tbsp salt
1. Cover the chicken with toothpicks.
2. With the toothpicks still in, place the chicken in a bowl of yogurt. Spoon some yogurt over the chicken and keep it in the fridge overnight.
Tip: If the yogurt seems too thick, you can dilute it with some water.
3. The following day, begin by preparing the stock. First, boil the ingredients for the stock in a large pot. Leave the stock to cool to about 150°F, place the chicken in it and leave it in the stock overnight.
4. The next day, remove the toothpicks from the chicken.
5. Whisk the eggs and transfer them to a casserole dish. Next, mix together the bread crumbs, cornmeal, paprika, coriander, sesame, and salt in a different casserole dish. First, turn the chicken in the whisked eggs and then coat it in the bread crumb mixture.
6. Heat oil in a pot to 350°F and fry the chicken for around 10 minutes.
What a beauty! Our delicious fried chicken goes particularly well with a smokey barbecue sauce. So what are you waiting for — dig in!
If you enjoyed make that, you might want to give our Drunken Chicken a try!