Macaroni Noodle Bundt Cake Is The Perfect Fall Dish
This recipe should win the prize for most surprising Bundt cake of the year. After cutting into the crispy ham ring, you'll find a beautiful pasta and tomato creation that also tastes amazing.
- 17½ oz macaroni
- 8¾ oz cured ham
For the sauce:
- 7 eggs
- 2¾ oz hard cheese
- 17½ oz sour cream
- salt, pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
For the filling:
- 8¾ oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch green onions
- 5¼ oz dried tomatoes
- 3½ oz hard cheese
1. First prepare the macaroni: sprinkle some salt in boiling water and then cook the pasta for around eight minutes until it's al dente. Let it drain in a sieve and stand it to one side.
2. Line a Bundt cake pan with slices of ham that overlap each other and overhang the edge of the pan all the way round. Now put down a layer of macaroni rings which covers the bottom of the pan. For this, work out from the inside of the ring.
3. Beat the eggs in a bowl and grate in the first portion of hard cheese. Then add the sour cream and the seasoning and mix everything thoroughly with a hand blender.
Pour a ladleful of the creamy sauce over the maccaroni in the pan.
4. Cut the tomatoes into quarters and remove the seeds. Finely chop the green onions, the dried tomatoes and the rest of the cheese. Add everything to the tomatoes and mix together thoroughly.
Use some of the tomato mixture to completely cover the first layer of macaroni.
5. Add another layer of macaroni, add more of the cream sauce and then the tomato mixture, before covering everything with a final layer of macaroni. Then pour the rest of the sauce over it evenly, and fold the overhanging ham around the outside edge of the pan over the pasta.
6. Bake your pasta cake in a convection oven for 15 minutes at 360°F.
Tip: To serve, turn your work out of the pan like a cake and serve each portion with some herb butter and a little basil.
This "cake" it not only quick and easy to make, but it's also the perfect meal for discerning guests. Everyone will be pleasantly surprised by the layers hidden within!