Loaded baked potato: crispy on the outside, soft on the inside
Potatoes are an essential part of a wholesome meal. Sadly, they are often categorized as a side dish when they actually have the potential to stand alone. Struggling to find an exciting potato recipe for your next meal? Take a slice out of this idea - in every sense of the word!
You will need:
- 2 potatoes
- 1 oz. cheddar cheese in small slices
- 1/2 cup gouda cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- sour cream
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly. Leave them unpeeled, making sure there are no green spots or sprouts.
- Now cut the potato into thin slices, but be sure to not cut all the way through! The potato should stay in one piece ("Hasselback" style).
- Gently place the small cheddar cheese slices between each slit of the potato.
- Now sprinkle the grated cheeses on top, and bake in the oven for 45-60 minutes at 350°F.
- Before serving, add a dollop of sour cream and fresh chives.
Play with this recipe to your heart's content! Trying adding ham between the potato slits, or butter, or onions. The brilliant appearance will stay the same, but the taste can be altered any way you'd like!