A bouquet of flavor: Lemon Flowers
You may have to wait through a long winter for the flowers in the garden to appear, but that doesn't mean they cannot bloom in the kitchen! Nobody will be able to resist the delicious flowers shown in this video. Your guests will be attracted to these lemony treats like bees in springtime.
You will need (for 3 portions):
- 1 portion shortcrust pastry
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2.5 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- lemon juice
- lemon zest
- powdered sugar
- Roll out the dough and with the help of a mug, cut out three large circles. Cut out 15 smaller circles using an egg or espresso cup.
- To create a flower, press a large circle of dough into one of the cups of a muffin pan. Now press five smaller circles around the edge of the cup, making sure that they are firmly connected to the larger circle of dough. Bake the flowers for 13 minutes at 350°F.
- While the flowers are baking, you can prepare the filling. First, beat the sugar with the eggs until thick and creamy. Add the cornstarch, followed by the milk, juice of one lemon, and lemon zest and continue to beat until smooth.
- Sprinkle the baked flowers with powdered sugar, and then fill with lemon cream.
These little blooms will brighten up any table, no matter the season. Enjoy the sweet taste of sunshine!