Low-Carb Leek Cannelloni Noodles Stuffed With Ground Beef & Feta Cheese In An Herb Cream Sauce
We've created a pasta dish that's delightfully low-carb and keto-friendly thanks to the leek cannelloni noodles stuffed with seasoned ground beef and crumbled feta cheese. The result? Indescribably delicious!
For the cannelloni:
- 2 leeks
- 8 oz ground beef
- 3 oz crumbled feta cheese
- paprika, salt & pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 3 oz cheese to sprinkle on top
For the herb cream sauce:
- 8 fl oz cream
- 1 tbsp starch
- salt & pepper to taste
- chopped parsley to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and cut the leeks into 4-inch long pieces.
2. Carefully push out the insides of the stalks.
3. Leave the outer two rings of the leek stalks intact so they'll be more stable for the filling.
4. Cut the removed leek stalks into small pieces and mix them together with the ground beef, feta cheese, and egg. Season with paprika, salt, and pepper, and spoon the mixture into the leek noodles. Place the stuffed noodles upright in a tall casserole dish.
5. Prepare the herb cream sauce and pour it over the leek noodles, sprinkle shredded cheese on top, and bake for 40 minutes.
As you bite into this aromatic dish, you'll completely forget that's it low-carb and noodle-free – leek makes for a perfect pasta substitute!
You can find the recipe for the Giant Chicken Cannelloni featured in the bonus video here.