Layered Tortilla Pizza Bake With Pepperoni And Salami Roses
Tortillas are usually just used to wrap up the delicious Tex-Mex fillings that belong in burritos, tacos, and fajitas, but in reality they're way more versatile than that! Tortillas are about to break out of their taco-shaped shell with this loaded tortilla pizza bake! This stunning savory dish is jam-packed with layers of classic Italian ingredients like pepperoni, salami, tomato sauce, fresh basil, and tons of cheese. The tortillas are the foundation, but the real highlight is the gorgeous pepperoni and salami roses that top the whole thing off. Break out of your shell and give this fun dish a try!
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
For the pizza bake:
- 15 tortillas
- 1⅓ cups cream cheese
- 2–3 beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
- 10 oz baby spinach
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 7 oz salami, sliced
- 2½ cups tomato sauce
- 7 oz pepperoni slices
- 6 cups shredded mozzarella & cheddar cheese
- 3 handfuls of basil
For the pepperoni & salami roses:
- 11 oz pepperoni slices
- 11 oz salami, sliced
- 10-inch springform pan
- tall shot glass
- cordial glass
1.Grease a 10-inch springform pan and preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of the greased pan with 5 tortillas.
2. Spread a layer of cream cheese over the first layer of tortillas, then add layers of sliced beefsteak tomato, fresh spinach, grated parmesan cheese, and salami slices on top.
3. Place 1 tortilla on top of the salami layer and press it down firmly.
4. Repeat this same layering process, making sure to press down each set of layers firmly, until the springform pan is about halfway full. Carefully cut 6 evenly-spaced circles out of the layered tortilla bake using a tall shot glass, then sprinkle the top layer of tortilla with parmesan cheese.
5. Cover the layer of parmesan cheese with another tortilla and spread a layer of tomato sauce on top. Top the tomato sauce with a layer of shredded mozzarella & cheddar cheese, slices of pepperoni, and basil leaves, then cover the layer with a tortilla. Repeat this layering process until the springform pan is filled.
6. Cover the last layer with a final tortilla and fold any excess pieces of tortilla inwards towards the center of the pan.
7. If you'd like the layers to stay in place more securely as they're baking, transfer the springform pan to the refrigerator and let it chill overnight. If you'd prefer to bake the tortilla pizza right away, flip the springform pan over onto a baking tray, transfer the baking tray to the oven, and bake the layered tortilla pizza at 350°F for 45–50 minutes. To make the roses for the top of the pizza, line a cordial glass with pepperoni and salami slices as shown in the video.
9. Once the tortilla pizza has baked, remove it from the oven and let it cool briefly. Heat the remainder of the tomato sauce, remove the springform pan from the top of the tortilla pizza, and spoon the warm tomato sauce into the holes cut out in the top.
10. Place the pepperoni and salami roses inside the holes in the top of the tortilla pizza and garnish with fresh basil.
This eye-catching savory tortilla pizza bake is not only simple to make, it's packed with all of the good stuff you want on your pizza. The pepperoni and salami roses on top of this inventive new dish also give it an extra special touch that makes this dish unforgettable. One bite and you'll never see tortillas the same way again!
Get the recipe for the Cheese-Stuffed Spiral Pizza featured in the bonus video.