Layered Deep Dish Pizza Cake
For the pizza dough:
- 1 package of pre-made pizza dough
For the pizza sauce:
- 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 handful of basil
- salt & pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup olive oil
For the toppings:
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- salami or pepperoni slices
1. Lay out the pizza dough and cut out 3 even circles that will fit inside your pot. Place the dough circles on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes at 350°F.
2. Combine the pizza sauce ingredients and blend until smooth.
3. Grease the top of the pot and lay the rest of the pizza dough over it.
4. Place the first cooked dough circle in the pot.
5. Prepare the first section with a layer of pizza sauce, cheddar cheese, and salami or pepperoni slices.
6. Top with the second cooked dough circle, followed by a layer of pizza sauce, Swiss cheese, and salami or pepperoni slices.
7. Finish the final section with the third cooked dough circle, followed by a layer of pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and salami or pepperoni slices.
8. Fold the overlapping dough over the pizza cake, place the pot in a preheated oven, and bake at 325°F for 1 hour.
You can find the recipe for the Deep Dish Pan Pizza featured in the bonus video here.