Lasagna Subs – Ciabatta Sandwich Rolls Stuffed With Pasta & Topped With Cheese
Is it lasagna? Is it a hoagie? Is it garlic bread? It's time to open your mind to some serious possibilities, because this mouthwatering recipe is all of the above!
You'll Need (for 9):
For the meat sauce:
- 3 oz bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt & pepper
- 14 oz crushed tomatoes
- oil for frying
For the garlic butter:
- 3 oz soft butter
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 9 fresh ciabatta rolls
- 9 precooked lasagna noodles
- 9 cheese slices
- 5 oz cream cheese
- 7 oz shredded cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and heat a pan with olive oil over medium heat. Cook the bacon together with the onions and ground beef and season everything with salt and pepper. Once the meat has browned, stir in the crushed tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
2. Cut uniform rectangles in the ciabatta rolls and hollow out the insides.
3. Prepare the garlic butter using the above ingredients and brush some in the inside of each roll.
4. Take the lasagna noodles and press the end of one sheet into the bottom of a roll so that it sticks to the garlic butter. Repeat with the rest of the noodles and rolls.
5. Spread a tablespoon of the meat sauce in the roll, fold the noodle over it, and firmly press down. Repeat with the other rolls.
6. Place a slice of cheese on top, followed by another portion of meat sauce, and fold the noodle over again. Repeat with the rest of the rolls.
7. Place the rolls in a pan, add a dollop of cream cheese to each roll, and generously sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Cook for 25 minutes.
These hand-held lasagna subs work great as an appetizer, finger food, party snack, or even an afternoon indulgence while sprawled out on the couch. No fork, no knife, no problem!
You can find the recipe for the Lasagna Braid featured in the bonus video here.