Serve lasagna rolls at your next party
Lasagna is one of the most delicious meals that Italian cuisine has to offer. But sometimes it's fun to jazz up even the most traditional dishes. With this recipe, lasagna sheets are no longer layered on top of one another but rather rolled up! The result is a delicious mess-free party snack, packed with classic lasagna flavor. So what are you waiting for? Take a walk on the wild side!
You will need:
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 and 1/2 cups chunky tomato sauce
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups grated mozzarella
- 6 lasagna sheets
- vegetable oil
- Heat a bit of vegetable oil in a pan and add the garlic and onions.
- Once the garlic and onions are slightly sautéed, add the ground beef and cook until evenly browned. Drain any excess fluid and let cool.
- Place your pan back on the stove, and pour in the tomato sauce, along with the thyme, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Now add the grated mozzarella, and mix. Remove the the pan from the heat and set aside.
- In a separate pot, boil the lasagna sheets. Be careful that they do not get too soft.
- Cut the cooked lasagna sheets lengthwise into two halves. Add a small portion of the prepared meat sauce on the end of each sheet, and roll.
- The lasagna rolls should now be left to cool. Once they reach room temperature, place them in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Now its time to bread the rolls: Place the flour, egg, and breadcrumbs in three separate bowls. Dip each lasagna roll in the flour first, followed by the egg and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Place a the rolls in the freezer for a few more minutes, and then fry them in vegetable oil.
Who knew that eating lasagna with your fingers could be so easy? Try serving as an appetizer at your next party, no cutlery needed! Long gone are the days of lasagna falling apart on your plate. With lasagna rolls, you never have to worry about a mess. Enjoy!