Lasagna Roll Bake – A New Spin On A Classic Dish
You don't have to be born in bella Italia to know how lasagna is traditionally layered. However, it never hurts to shake things up a bit, especially in the kitchen. With this recipe, serve your lasagna in a well-deserved (and delicious!) new form.
You'll Need (for 12):
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 4 oz spinach
- 6 oz cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp shredded cheese
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- salt & pepper
- 1 and 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 and 1/2 cups grated mozzarella
- Place the lasagna sheets in boiling water for seven minutes. Afterwards, cut each sheet lengthwise so that you have a total of 12 strips.
- Add the spinach, cottage cheese, grated cheese, egg and garlic to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- With the help of a spoon, cover each lasagna strip with the spinach mixture and roll tightly.
- Pour half of the tomato sauce into a casserole dish so that the bottom of the dish is covered. Arrange the lasagna rolls neatly in the dish and cover with the remaining tomato sauce and mozzarella. Now bake for 20 minutes at 400°F.
Mamma mia! These rolls are perfect for vegetarians, but if you're missing that meaty flavor, feel free to add ground beef to the filling or tomato sauce. Enjoy!