Mix Up Your Breakfast Routine With Omurice – A Colorful Korean Omelet
Do you fancy stuffed omelets that can be sweet or savory and always taste delicious without sitting too heavy in the stomach? Then you need to try this omelet that’s nothing like you’ve ever seen before – a treat for both the palate and the eyes!
- 5 oz red bell pepper
- 5 oz green bell pepper
- 2 oz celery
- 2 oz carrots
- 5 medium-sized white mushrooms
- 4 oz onions
- 1 garlic clove, cut into strips
- 1 smoked sausage
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 7 oz cooked sticky rice
- salt and pepper
- 4 cheddar cheese cubes
- 4 small spicy green chilis
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of sugar
1. Cut all ingredients into medium-sized pieces. First fry the smoked sausage, stir in the garlic, and finally add the remaining vegetables to the pan.
2. Stir the cooked sticky rice into the other ingredients. Stir in the ketchup, salt, and pepper and let everything cook together.
3. Put half of the rice mixture in a small round bowl. Put the 4 cheddar cheese cubes on top of the rice and slightly press them down. Then fill the bowl with the remaining rice and spread the sliced chilis over the top.
4. Whisk the eggs, season with salt and sugar, and then pour the mixture through a sieve to make it very fine. Heat some oil in a pan, pour the egg mixture in, and swirl it around the pan so that it will make a very thin omelet, similar to a crepe.
5. Gently flip the bowl of rice onto a plate and cover the rice dome with the thin omelet.
6. Garnish the omelet rice dumpling with ketchup, and this spicy tasty work of art is ready to go.
What a lovely treat that’s almost too pretty to eat. Why not make extras for your family and friends so you can all enjoy this beauty together?