Strawberry Jello Heart Dessert Roll For Mother's Day
Show Mom just how much you love her this Mother's Day with a special piece of your (strawberry) heart – this is sure to bring a smile to her face!
For the jello hearts:
- 32 fl oz water
- 16 gelatin sheets
- 2 tbsp strawberry gelatin powder
- 2 tbsp sugar (optional)
For the strawberry mousse:
- 8 oz strawberries
- 3 oz yogurt
- 5 fl oz milk
- 3 tbsp honey
- 10 fl oz cream
- 20 gelatin sheets, soaked
- 9 x 13 inch sheet pan
- tall, wide glass (about 4 x 7 inches)
- heart-shaped cookie cutter
1. Heat 32 oz of water in a saucepan and add the gelatin sheets. Once they have softened, add the gelatin powder and sugar and mix everything together with a whisk until smooth.
2. Pour the jello into a sheet pan refrigerate until solid.
3. Prepare the strawberry mousse in a blender.
4. Cut several hearts out of the finished jello.
5. Pass some the strawberry mousse through a sieve into a tall glass – about 1 inch up from the bottom. Stack 3 of the jello hearts in the middle of the mousse and refrigerate the glass until the first layer sets.
6. Once the first layer has set, stack the rest of the jello hearts and fill the glass with the rest of the strawberry mousse. Refrigerate the glass for 3-4 hours.
7. Briefly place the glass in a hot water bath to loosen the strawberry mousse roll from the edges. Then carefully slide the dessert roll out of the glass.
Slice the roll and serve with strawberries for an added touch (or even some chocolate sauce) and your sweet strawberry Mother's Day roll with an extra dose of love is ready to roll!
You can find the recipe for the Love Heart Cake featured in the bonus video here. If you're looking for more Mother's Day ideas, check out these 3 Mother's Day Recipes For The Special Women In Your Life.