Berry And White Chocolate Ice Cream Lava Cake With A Fruit And Rum Filling
If there's one type of dessert that just never gets old, it's ice cream. Creamy, rich, and delicious, ice cream tastes great all on its own, served on top of some freshly baked apple pie, or even covered in tons of sweet toppings and served as a sundae. The fun of trying out new ice cream flavors is hard to beat, too! The ice cream parlors might be closed for the season, but that doesn't mean you have to go without your favorite frozen dessert. This mixed berry & white chocolate ice cream lava cake is the perfect new ice cream dish to try out. It's an easy, delicious dessert that tastes great any time of year. Who knew that making an ice cream cake at home could be so easy, or so fun?!
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Inactive Time: 8½ hours
Difficulty Level: Easy
For the berry & white chocolate ice cream cake:
- 1⅔ cups heavy cream, whipped
- 7 oz white chocolate, chopped
- 4 oz mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries & raspberries)
For the berry & rum filling:
- 1½ lbs mixed berries
- 1 shot of rum
For the garnish:
- mixed berries
- fresh mint
1. For the berry & white chocolate ice cream, bring the heavy cream to a boil, then melt the chopped white chocolate in it. Stir the mixture together, then let it cool for about 30 minutes. Beat the white chocolate cream until light and fluffy, roughly chop the mixed berries, and carefully fold them into the whipped white chocolate cream. Pour ¾ of the mixture into a large decorative bowl and set the rest aside for later. Press a small bowl into the center of the white chocolate cream to form a well in the center of the ice cream cake. Transfer the decorative bowl to the freezer and freeze the ice cream cake for 6 hours.
2. For the berry & rum filling, set a side about 2 oz of the mixed berries, then puree the remaining mixed berries along with the rum. Divide the berry & rum puree into 2 equal portions and stir the whole berries you set aside earlier into 1 of the portions. Take the berry & white chocolate ice cream cake out of the freezer, remove the small bowl in its center, and pour the berry & rum filling with extra berries into the well.
3. Spread the remainder of the whipped white chocolate cream over the filling and smooth out its surface. Transfer the ice cream lava cake to the freezer and freeze for 2 hours. After the ice cream lava cake has chilled, place a large serving plate over the top of the decorative bowl and flip it over carefully. Remove the bowl and decorate the ice cream lava cake with berry & rum sauce, mixed berries, and fresh mint.
This fruity ice cream lava cake isn't just stunning, it's also delicious! From its rich, creamy exterior to the fruity lava hiding inside, this dessert is absolutely erupting with flavor!
Get the recipe for the Ice Pops With Blackberries & Apricots featured in the bonus video.