Keep It Cool And Try Our Deliciously Delightful Ice Cream Cake
Sick of stodgy winter food? Want to bring a bit of summer back into your life? We've got you covered! All you need is some frozen fruit, a round baking pan, a mixer, and a free afternoon.
Our deliciously delightful Ice Cream Cake is real simple to make. We'll show you how...
For the vanilla layer:
- 5½ oz cashew nuts
- 2 bananas
- 3 oz dates
- 2 oz coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 7 fl oz almond milk
For the berry layer:
- 3½ oz frozen strawberries
- 3½ oz frozen blueberries
- 8 fl oz almond milk
- 1 banana
For the topping:
- 2½ oz blueberries
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 10–12 strawberries, cut in half
1. Add the cashew nuts, bananas, dates, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and almond milk to a mixer puree everything into a creamy mixture.
2. Place strawberries around the edge of a baking pan and pour in the vanilla mixture. Refrigerate the mixture for 2 to 3 hours.
3. Next, mix the frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, almond milk, and banana to create a beautiful violet mixture.
4. Remove the baking pan from the freezer and pour in the berry mixture. Refrigerate everything for a further 2 to 3 hours.
5. Heat up 1 oz of the blueberries with several tablespoons of water and add the cornstarch.
6. Pour in the rest of the blueberries, leave the mixture to cool for a short while before decorating the top of the ice cream cake with it.
7. Your ice-cold delight is good to go!
There you have it. A creamy, yet wonderfully fruity treat that'll transport you back to sunnier times — savor every bite of summer goodness!
Check out the recipe for the second video here.