The Hot Dog Braid Is Visually Stunning & Delicious
There's no better snack than a hot dog. Whether you're enjoying one while watching a baseball game at a stadium, sitting at the takeaway around the corner or just taking a lunch break, the hot dog is a true American delicacy. This simple recipe will show you how to liven up the classic hot dog with a twist!
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 8 hot dogs
- 3 tbsp mustard
- 3 slices of gouda cheese
- Pickles (sliced)
- Crispy fried onions
- 1 egg, whisked
- Spread out the puff pastry and place the hot dogs in the center with four lined up next to each other and the other four on top of them.
- Then squirt mustard onto the hot dogs and lay the cheese on top.
- For the next layer, add however many slices of pickles you like.
- The final layer consists of crispy fried onions.
- Now it's time to get down to business: Cut the extra puff pastry on both sides into equal-sized slanted strips of dough.
- Fold the strips of dough over the filling, alternating from both sides. This creates the woven appearance. Don't forget to seal the ends!
- Before placing the braid into the oven, coat the dough with the whisked egg and sprinkle some more crispy fried onions on top.
- Then it goes into the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
Cut the braid into thick slices and serve them to your friends at your next get-together. The braid will steal the show! But even without a special occasion, this hot dog braid is an unusual and visually stunning idea. And we already have the right dessert to pair with it.