Homemade Neapolitan Ice Cream Is The Classic Summer Treat
Most people would agree that ice cream has three classic flavors: vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. Thankfully, for those of us who have trouble choosing there's also Neapolitan ice cream, which combines these three flavors in one delicious frozen dessert. It's been around for a long time, but these days this multicolored classic has been overshadowed by some of the more elaborate flavor combinations. So let's bring things back to their roots and make some good old-fashioned homemade Neapolitan ice cream to keep us cool in the summer heat!
- 2 1/2 cups cream
- 2 1/2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz strawberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 7 oz melted chocolate
- Pour the cream and condensed milk into a large bowl and use an electric mixer to mix it into a smooth cream. Divide the cream up into three equal portions.
- Cut the strawberries into small pieces and cook them in a pot with 1/2 cup of water until the fluid has evaporated. Mix the strawberries into one of the three portions of cream.
- The next portion is flavored with the vanilla extract and the last one with the melted chocolate.
- Line a deep baking form with plastic wrap, fill it with the vanilla cream and freeze it for two hours. When it's ready, make the next layer with the strawberry cream. Freeze again for two hours and then add the last layer of chocolate cream. When the whole thing is completely frozen, you can lift it out of the form with the help of the plastic wrap.
With this tasty treat ready in the freezer, you and your family will stay cool on even the hottest summer day. Chocolate? Vanilla? Strawberry? Don't worry, we have them all covered!